
Now tell me, what is all this fuss about the Dakar in South America? I can't imagine what these crazy loones are doing running around in their bikes, quads, cars and trucks along dirt roads and off road areas of the pampas, Patagonia, Atacama and who knows where. Does the race end in Timbucktoo? I would like that answered please. Anyone? OK, but this race is more like the cartoon with all those crazy drivers, with Pierre Novoyuna and his faithful dog Patan. Anyway, between you and me, wouldn't you love to take part in it? At least watch it from above? In a helicopter, I mean. Of course if you have enough to throw away, at $2000 the hour. But with a whole hour's ride you can see a lot, mind you. Now they are in the Atacama desert, so I've read this morning. Huge dunes, some as high as 300 feet ! Wow, how do you climb such a dune. Or maybe it looks like a dune and it's a mountain covered in sand ! I think that is the best answer. Howerver, the cars and bikes might be able to traverse them, but will the trucks? If you want to know the answer just go to www.youtube.com/racesulike this guy has posted all the Stages up to now. In my blog you can find some info too: offroadbeat.blogspot.com. Hope they all make it safely to Timbucktoo. Cheers from the Atacama desert. Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment